SATA 6Gbps, SAS 2.0, Tray Design, Hot-Swap, Enterprise, Full Metal, 40mm Cooling Fan, Fits 2.5 inch SAS/SATA SSD/HDD, Fits Slim Optical Disk Drive, Fits 7mm to 15mm Height Drive, For 5.25 inch Device Bay, EZ Slide Mini Tray Compatible
Introducing the MB994IPO-3SB, a full metal dual bay 2.5” SATA/SAS hard drive / SSD mobile rack backplane designed with a Slim Optical Disk Drive (ODD) slot for use in a single 5.25” device bay. It is a device designed with a full metal build commercially designed for: Medical & Military systems, Media servers, IPCs, HTPC, and All-In-One computers, approved & used by Tier 1 companies. Dual 4-pin power connectors are used to ensure secured and consistent power supply to both drives and ODD, whether they are low power consumption 2.5” SATA SSD’s or power hungry 15000 RPM 2.5” SAS drives. Also included is a single 40mm cooling fan with on & off switch to assist the drives running at their optimal temperatures, in even the most intense applications.
Versatility is the Key
The MB994IPO-3SB separates itself from the rest of the MB994 series by the unique Slim Optical Disk Drive slot that is available. The Slim ODD slot uses our EZ-ODD Tray made of full metal, and is easily removable by use of the provided key or via a side latch. This allows system integrators more freedom to better meet their potential client’s needs. The EZ-ODD Tray is compatible with any standard Slim Optical Disk Drive with 12.5mm drive height.
The MB994IPO-3SB utilizes our EZ Slide Mini Trays, making drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free. The trays are built using full metal so that they are durable for many lifetimes, while will not weigh you down when transporting your data from system to system. Also featuring a full cage design, the added top drive cover provides added layer of protection while moving the drive. The 2.5" HDD trays are designed to accommodate 7mm, 9.5mm, 12.5mm & 15mm 2.5" SAS/ SATA SSD/HDD drives, giving you excellent control of your 2.5" hot swap backplane.
Interchangeable Internal ToughArmor:
Interchangeable External ToughArmor:
Fan control further allows the potential system to be accommodated properly depending on the hard drives used. If a SSD is used, fan can be left off and shut off the noise completely from the MB994IPO-3SB. Otherwise, the fan is a great asset to assist in cooling mission critical hard drives.
Excellent Build Quality
The MB994IPO-3SB body is built with aluminum to be able to hold up in the toughest of conditions, provide excellent heat dissipation, and shave as much weight as possible. Included ventilation slots on the front and back for maximum airflow to keep your drives running cool, and an LED is placed on the front of each drive tray to give the user drive status at all times. With the Full Metal design, the ToughArmor is perfect for industrial and medical devices that may require a flammability rating as the full metal material is considered to already comply with flammability requirements.
In the Smallest Package Possible
Utilizing its small form factor, the MB994IPO-3SB is perfect for use in gaming PCs, HTPC, small form factor cases with limited 5.25” expansion bays, or a Slim ODD and hard drives are needed. SMB’s, SI and power users all benefit from the most features, in the smallest form factor possible.
Make ToughArmor On-The-GO!
To access your data outside of your system or in a remote location, ToughArmor MB991U3-1SB is the way to go about. The drive tray slot of MB991U3-1SB is compatible with a variety of ToughArmor drive trays including the ToughArmor MB991, MB992, MB994, MB996 and MB998 series. This allows existing ToughArmor users to access their internal drive externally without opening up the case. It is a great tool for an individual drive diagnostic test. If you need to do a safe data erase or just simply expending system storage capacity, just remove the tray from the internal ToughArmor unit and insert it in the MB991U3-1SB to perform individual tasks externally with USB 3.0 interface. Best of all, the MB991U3-1SB uses USB bus-powered and it does not require a power adapter to operate. Simply connect the USB cable to any system and you are ready to go.
>>>Beware of the third-party ToughArmor tray, CLICK HERE for the details<<<
* Heavy duty full metal construction with commercially designed for Medical & Military systems, Media servers, and IPCs, approved & used by Tier 1 companies.
* Perfect for rugged applications and complies with flammability requirements.
* Perfect for SFF (small form factor) case, IPC, HTPC, NAS, Home Server and All-In-One computers.
* Fits 2 x 2.5" SATA/SAS hard drive or SSD & 1 x slim optical disk drive (ODD).
* Accommodates hard drives or SSD with 7mm, 9.5mm, 12.5mm & 15mm Height.
* Accommodates Slim Optical Disk Drive with 12.5mm Height.
* Supports SATA III & SAS 2.0 interface.
* Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs.
* Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led & cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay.
* 2 x 4 pin power connector to properly power all components.
* 40mm cooling fan with On & off switch, reduce the power usage and fan noise when using SSD.
* Full Metal EZ Slide Mini Tray & EZ-ODD Tray system with Full Cage Design.
* Top cover for the tray adds extra drive/ODD protection.
* Status LED on Front for each drive.
* Full aluminum body construction.